Wiehan is an Adjudicator / Contract/Commercial Manager / Project Manager with substantial Construction and Consultancy (Project Manager & Contract Management/Administration) experience in a broad range of contracts/projects globally which includes:
- Hydrocarbons, Mining, Infrastructure (Roads, Waste and Water), Medical, High Spec Office, Education and General Buildings.
- Extensive construction/project management/contractual and commercial bas knowledge
- Exceptional high standards with regard to business ethics
- Financially aware and cost conscious
- Contractually well versed. With extensive experience in NEC3, FIDIC, JBCC, GCC & JCT(UK).
Director – Hedraios Arete Consulting – Contract Services (Current)
- Appointed as Independent Adjudicator under various contracts (EPC, EPCM)
- NEC3/FIDIC/GCC Contract Administration, Full Management of Contract Notices for Various Parties – Projects in Hydrocarbons, Energy, Infrastructure (Water, Roads etc. across Africa)
- Contract drafting – Bespoke Contracts, SLA, NDA, Gas Sales etc.
- FIDIC / NEC3 Claims / Compensation Event Quotations plus review of same for Clients
- NEC3 Adjudication preparation of Contractor Referrals and responses to Adjudicator
- Claim preparation and dispute management under FIDIC Suit of Contracts
- Schedule CPA review & compliance with Contract Conditions
- Prepare and manage Construction Programme plus delay analysis (MSP)(NEC3 ECC)
- Contract Compilation and Negotiation (Bespoke FIDIC – Silver Book), NEC3 etc.
- Payment Certification and Review under various Contracts and types
- Tender Contract review and risk mitigation proposals for standard and bespoke contracts
- Claims and dispute Management plus Mediation/Negotiation – Standard and bespoke contracts
- Consultancy iro contractual claims under standard Contracts – NEC3, FIDIC, GCC etc.
- Training facilitator on the NEC3 Suite of Contracts (ECC, ECSC, PSC, TSC, TSSC, etc)
- Training facilitator on GCC 2015, General Contract Management Principles, Role of the Engineer, Principal Agent, Project Manager and Employers Agent under JBCC, NEC3, FIDIC and GCC
Commercial Manager, WorleyParsons RSA (Pty) Ltd, South Africa – Public Infrastructure (2013-2015)
- Commercial support amongst whole Public Infrastructure division, among others, in relation to claims being made for and against clients/contractors (FIDIC, NEC3 & GCC)
- Commercial Management on various Public Infrastructure projects, among others
- Water Articulation and Storage, Water Treatment, Road Projects and Power Supply
- GCC 2004, GCC 2010, FIDIC Red Book
- Commercial support amongst Hydro Carbon division, projects ranging from Tanzania, Mozambique, Angola and South Africa (Bespoke FIDIC Red and Silver Book)
- Act as independent NEC3 contract advisor for Saldanha Bay IDZ in respect of disputes between Contractor, Client and Client appointed Project Manager
- 2013-2015: Client: Sasol Technology – R1.5 billion (Rompco Loop line Project – Mozambique – EPCM)
- 2013-2015: Client: GE-GLS – $45 million (GE-Soyo Factory Project – Angola)
Associate Director, Turner & Townsend, South Africa (2010-2013)
- Client: Transnet Capital Projects (TCP) – R23.4 billion (National Multiproduct Pipeline Project from Durban (TM1) to Heidelberg (TM2)
Contracts Director/Deputy Managing Director, Belela Construction, South Africa (2009-2010)
Associate Director, Turner & Townsend Project Management (UK)(2007-2009)
Area Manager / Senior Project Manager, Turner & Townsend Project Management (UK)(2004-2006)
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- BSc (Construction Management) – (Accredited by RICS)
- MSc (Project Management) – Dissertation on Risks for Clients associated with different construction contracts – JBCC, FIDIC and NEC3
- Certificate in Construction Adjudication – (UP award for 2nd best Student), specialising in FIDIC, NEC3, GCC and JBCC2000 Construction Contracts and Claim Management, Dispute Resolution and Adjudication
- LLM in Construction Law and Arbitration – Currently enrolled at Robert Gordon University (Aberdeen – Scotland)
Commercial skills and Construction Law
- University of Pretoria – Advanced Contract Law (FIDIC, GCC, NEC3, JBCC), NEC3 Role of the PM, NEC3 Procurement, NEC3 2 day Advanced Course, JCT98 Dealing with Sub-contractors, General Contract awareness, Construction Claims, Construction Dispute resolution, Claims Management and Preparation.