Platform: GoTo Training
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR COURSE FROM OUR UPCOMING EVENTS.
Validated for 5 CPD Points CESA-2029-09/2024
One of the major advantages of the NEC suite of contracts is its ability to provide a range of procurement options.Contractors should be aware that it is not necessarily in their best interest to apply the procurement option imposed upon them by the Employer in the sub contract environment and that considerable advantages may be achieved by varying the option under which the Sub contractor is appointed.
The New Engineering Contract (NEC) is not only an engineering contract but it is suitable for use for all types of works.
It is not exclusively an engineering contract, it is intended for use in the range of construction situations:
- It can be used for works of civil engineering, electrical and mechanical works, building work, software
development, thus for all the traditional disciplines and some new ones
- It can be used for Client designed works and for Contractor designed works
- It can be used for the various payment options such as competitive tender, cost reimbursable contracts,
target contracts and management contracts
- It is intended as an international contract that can be used in different jurisdictions
- Review the NEC Suite, its extent and philosophy:
- How to effectively consider the available NEC4 options during the procurement and contracting strategy phase of a project
- To enable existing and potential users to contract under NEC conditions with confidence.
- The significance of various documents forming part of the NEC4 Contract
- General contract management requirements (obligations of the role players)
- To promote an understanding of the various procurement options available through the use of the 6 main options A to F and Short Contract
- To demystify the NEC terminology, philosophy and general approach to contracting.
- To clarify the key principles of, Early Warnings, Compensation Events and Dispute resolution.
- How to evaluate change management (compensation events)
- How to deal with the dispute avoidance and dispute resolution mechanisms
- Consider the application of the optional clauses
- Understand the Professional Services Contract (PSC) and its provisions
- Use of main options in PSC
- Use of secondary options in PSC
- Understand the Professional Services Short Contract (PSSC)
- Understand Adjudication
- Achieve an understanding of the NEC Term Service Contract (TSC) and Term Service Short Contract (TSSC)
- Understand the clauses of TSC, and how to compile and complete the Term Service Contract and when it is appropriate to use the TSC
- An understanding of dispute resolution procedure
- To highlight potential problem areas and propose means of circumventing those problems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project Managers
- Contractors and Subcontractors
- Architects and Consultants
- Contract administrators
- Lawyers and Legal Advisers
- Arbitrators, Mediators
- Developers, Employers, Clients