THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR COURSE FROM OUR UPCOMING EVENTS.
Validated for 2 CPD Points CESA-1567-04/2022
NEC3 ECC3 Black Book available on request at cost
One of the major advantages of the NEC suite of contracts is its ability to provide a range of procurement options. Contractors should be aware that it is not necessarily in their best interest to apply the procurement option imposed upon them by the Employer in the sub contract environment and that considerable advantages may be achieved by varying the option under which the Sub contractor is appointed. This seminar will look initially at contract strategy from the perspective of main Contractor/Sub contractor appointment. Thereafter the seminar will deal with that most difficult area under the NEC, change management systems, which will embrace dealing with variations and extensions of time. The final session of the day will look at common changes made by Employers to the Conditions of Contract through the Z clauses and their impact and particular reference will be given to limitations of liability and force majeure.
It is now 10 years since the NEC Drafting committee issues their 2nd edition. During this time the committee have received feedback on the 2nd edition from around the World. This feedback has been analysed by the drafting committee and has resulted, during 2005, in the issue of the 3rd edition. This is an important step forward for the document which has started to gather tremendous momentum both in South Africa and Internationally.
Users are of course free to remain with the 2nd Edition but informed users should be giving serious consideration to the 3rd Edition since it incorporates those changes which the drafting committee consider will improve the document.
- To provide a comprehensive overview of the main documents within the NEC Suite
- To enable existing and potential users to contract under NEC conditions with confidence
- To promote an understanding of the various procurement options available through the use of the 6 main options A to F and Short Contract
- To demystify the NEC terminology, philosophy and general approach to contracting
- To clarify the key principles of, Early Warnings, Compensation Events and Dispute resolution
- To highlight potential problem areas and propose means of circumventing those problems