THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR COURSE FROM OUR UPCOMING EVENTS.
Validated for 1 CPD Point CESA-1868-12/2023
The Adjudicator’s Contract is a tripartite agreement entered into between the adjudicator, the contractor and the employer. If any one of the three parties does not comply with the terms of the contract it will constitute a breach of contract.
NEC contains a model Adjudicator’s Contract and all the principle and sub contracts require the use of this form of adjudicator’s contract current at the contractual starting date. Adjudication is a contractual arrangement and the adjudicator acquires rights, obligations and authority (jurisdiction) through his contract with the parties.
Our policy, as with all our training documents, is to provide too much information in the training manual, so that delegates can subsequently use it as reference material after the training session.
- Understand the basics of NEC AC 3/13, its objectives and components:
- Learn how to navigate the AC contract
- Understand how the AC relates t the other NEC3 contract forms
- Understand the procedures and timelines to be complied with under W1 and the AC
- Understand the role of the Adjudicator
- Understand the principles of Adjudicator impartiality and the Rules of Natural Justice
- Understand the general background to Adjudication as an Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project Managers
- Contractors and Subcontractors
- Architects, Consultants
- Contract administrators
- Lawyers and Legal Advisers
- Arbitrators, Mediators
- Developers, Employers, Clients