Platform: Microsoft Teams
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR COURSE FROM OUR UPCOMING EVENTS.
Validation for CESA-1852-10/2023
The Term Service contract is essentially different to the other contracts in the NEC group, as it is used in a variety of situations.
It is therefore not restricted to the Construction environment, but more for managing and providing a service, which may be over a continuous period of time, or on a task-by-task basis.
It is utilized mainly for “Contracted OUT” services, such as maintenance of roads, maintenance of buildings and providing security services.
The contract is made up of:
- Core Clauses
- Main Options (either Priced Contract, Target Contract or Cost Reimbursable Contract)
- Dispute Resolution Options
- Secondary Options
- Price Lists
- Contract Data
In this one day seminar, the structure of the contract is explained, with special attention paid to the difficult area of Compensation Events, and the role of the Service Manager is discussed.
- Review the NEC Suite, its Extent & Philosophy
- Achieve an understanding of the NEC Term Service Contract
- Achieve an understanding of the NEC Term Service Short Contract
- Understand the application of the Term Service Contract and the Term Service Short Contract
- Understand the differences between the two Term Service Contracts, and their appropriate use
- Understand Dispute Resolution under the Term Service Contracts